You may be surprised to hear that you have a ninja-in-training in your home!
Just a few weeks ago, we began a new journey towards mastery and excellence in piano technique. The basic scales and chords of the past have been transformed into daring, brain-twisting challenges of endurance and finesse. Your student will be striving to play with more accuracy, speed and comprehension than ever before.
Here are a few things you should know about this new program:
- Each ninja-in-training has the opportunity to earn a new “colour-belt” (custom silicone bracelet) each time they complete a level of technique challenges.
- These unique silicone bracelets have been especially made for our studio. No other piano students in the world have these!
- It is not easy to finish a level. If your child has been awarded a new “belt” it is because he/she has worked hard over many weeks to complete the challenge.
- These technique challenges are designed so that anyone can succeed if they are willing to put in the effort. If your student does not “level up” at least once during the school year, it may be because they are not putting in the necessary practice time.
- This achievement program is intended to continue from year to year. Your child will constantly be challenged to strive for higher levels in technique.
- If you see a new colour on their wrist, your job is to cheer wildly and tell them you are proud of how hard they worked to earn it!
As a teacher, I am excited to see the determination and effort the students are investing. This is the first time in all my years of teaching that I have had to say, "No, we can't do more scales right now, I need to hear you play your pieces!"