Welcome back to a fresh, new year of piano!
This week, your child received a challenge to play the piano EVERY day for 100 Days.
At first glance, this challenge looks, well . . . challenging! In fact, it looks HARD!
If that is what you are thinking, you are right! However, good progress in piano – or in any other worthwhile skill – requires time and effort.
We can only get OUT of it what we put INTO it.
The 100 Day Challenge gives you the chance to work with your child to help them develop daily practice habits. It gives you both a goal to work toward, and a way to know when you have succeeded.
Here are the "Rules of the Game"
- The 100 Day Club ENDS during the first week of Christmas Break (December 19-24).
- Each student has 15 weeks from their first lesson in September to complete the challenge. That means they have 105 days to finish their 100 days of practice.
- Mark each day's practice on the 100 Day Club sheet, and bring it to the lesson each week.
- If you have a very "busy day", aim for just 5-10 minutes at the piano.
- Only two "busy day" practices per week, please!
- There are 5 bonus days built in, so that if you are away or your child is sick, you don't have to give up!
It has been said that it takes 21 days to establish a new habit . . . just think what the next 100 days may do for your child!